With threat of droughts and floods, farmers have enough to worry about without worrying do they have the right insurance cover. Farm insurance is so important as not only does it effect you as a business but can have catastrophic effect to you and your family in the event of an incident.
There is a variety of Insurance cover offered to Farmers and below is a selection of some of these. Dependant on your own circumstances you can tailor your policy to best suit your needs.
- Domestic building and contents: You can protect your home and contents from fire, theft or other damage.
- Farm property: This cover protects all other farming buildings and structures on your property from fire, floods or accidental damage, such as sheds, barns, shearing sheds, etc.
- Farming interruption: To help cashflow in the case of a disaster (such as a severe fire, hail storm or flood); when your farm can no longer operate, this policy gives you the opportunity to rebuild.
- Multi-peril crop: A new type of cover that protects farmers when their crops are assaulted by multiple disasters, for example insects, disease, fire, drought, frost or floods.
- Machinery breakdown: This policy covers the breakdown of farm machinery, for example milking pumps, water pumps, diesel machinery etc.
- Livestock: Protection for your livestock and feed from fire or theft.
- Fencing: Storm damage, hail damage, fire and floods can all be covered to help you rebuild your fences in the case of a disaster.
- Personal income: If you are seriously injured and unable to work, your family’s livelihood may be in jeopardy. This cover helps you to weather the bad times, until you can work again.
- Public & Products liability: This policy covers you for third party injuries on your property as well as damage caused to others.
Designing the right type of farm insurance for your business is essential, so why not speak to one of our insurance specialists today who can design an insurance program that is specific to your needs?