What is it?
For most people, the family home is the largest asset they’ll ever own. This means it is essential to protect it, inside and out, with the right insurance cover. After all, no one wants to discover they’re inadequately insured when it’s too late.
What does it cover?
Home Insurance covers you against any building or contents damage in the event of theft or insured incident. Some of the key things to consider when taking out Home Insurance include:
- What level of cover is being provided? Is it a basic defined events cover, or a broad accidental damage cover?
- What is the occupancy of the premises?
- Does the insurer provide a repair guarantee?
Building Sum Insured
- How do you determine an adequate sum to insure?
Contents Sum Insured
- Are your contents adequately insured?
- Does the policy wording cover your contents even if you take them out of your home?
- Is your jewellery covered, and to what extent? Is it sub-limited? Is it covered away from your home?
- Are any of your contents kept in the open air, such as your yard or on your veranda? Are they covered?
- Does the policy cover any of your antiques or collections (e.g. stamps, coins, memorabilia, guns, etc.) and to what extent?
An Insurance Advisernet Authorised Representative can help tailor the ideal level of Home and Contents cover for you.