Please find below information and links to some of the key insurance industry bodies, including links and information regarding Consumer Disputes procedures. Please select from the following:
- The National Insurance Brokers Association (NIBA) represents the interests of the insurance broking sector in Australia. All NIBA members must agree to abide by the NIBA Code of Conduct
- Insurance Advisernet Australia is a Principal Member of NIBA
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
- The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA), a free customer service designed to handle complaints and help resolve problems between insurance brokers and other financial services providers and their clients. AFCA provides support to help resolve problems quickly and efficiently, without having to resort to costly litigation. If your complaint is not successfully resolved by our office within 45 days from the date reported to our office, it can be referred to AFCA to assist in making an independent assessment of your issue(s).
- Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) details:
- Online: www.afca.org.au
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1800 931 678
- Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC
General Insurance Code of Practice
- The General Insurance Code of Practice (the Code) is administered and monitored by the AFCA.
- The intent of the Code is to raise service standards for customers by setting out the minimum standards to be upheld by code adoptees
- Insurance Advisernet Australia where applicable has adopted and supports the Code
The Insurance Council of Australia and Insurers have chosen to fast-track their support for Customers who are experiencing vulnerability, including financial hardship, by implementing Part 9 - Supporting Customers Experiencing Vulnerability and Part 10 - Financial Hardship key consumer provisions of the new General Insurance Code of Practice from 1 July 2020.
The Industry is focused on ensuring it is helping all customers, including providing extra care to those who are experiencing financial hardship, vulnerability and family violence.
We encourage you to speak with your Adviser if you are experiencing vulnerability or financial hardship, otherwise, there is a risk that we may not find out about it. Your Adviser will then be able to work with your Insurer to identify what support is available to you.
For more information and to view the Code please click here: General Insurance Code of Practice
General Insurance Brokers Code of Practice
- The General Insurance Brokers Code of Practice (the Code) was developed by NIBA and is administered and monitored by the AFCA.
- The intention of the Code is to promote good relationships between clients and insurance brokers and to promote efficiency in transactions via standards of good practice and services levels expected by members
- As IA is a principal member of NIBA and subscribes to AFCA we are bound by and support the Code
- For more information and to view the Code please click here: General Insurance Brokers Code of Practice
Insurance Council of Australia
The body representing the interests of the Australian general insurance industry.
Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
The prudential regulator of the Australian financial services industry.
Australian Securities and Investments Commission
The enforcer and regulator of company and financial services laws to protect consumers, investors and creditors.